Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shikhar Dhawan: A memorable knock

Whole day yesterday, all Cricket lovers must be talking about this guy. Shikhar Dhawan scored the fastest debut ton in the history of test matches. He took only 85 balls to cross the mark of 100. He did not relaxed after scoring 100 in his first ever outing, but continued up to 185 and still going on. It was a fantastic inning filled with 33 boundaries and 2 sixes. Shikhar's inning might give India another chance to take a grip on the match and think about winning it. 
I actually have a different image of Shikhar Dhawan. I see some glimpses of Vinod Kambli's game in him. On his day, he is unstoppable as it happened yesterday. But I wouldn't dare to call him reliable at the moment. I have seen him playing mainly in IPL and few other games around.  He has been among leading run scorer in last couple of IPL seasons. But I did not find him consistent. I don't feel assured when he is on the creeze. The moment I started expecting some sensible performance, he blew it off with some stupid shot. 
We can not forget a fact that Shikhar's wonderful inning has come against a depleted Australian team which already was struggling to find a pair of good spinning hands on tracks mostly dedicated to spinners.
Hopefully, things are not the same as I have encountered always about him. Shikhar probably would continue to go on and keep giving the same performance even after the Australia series and in the upcoming South Africa tour. It will be little bit too early to start expecting the kind of consistency we have started getting used to from Cheteshwar Pujara. But somewhere I have started feeling that India has now started getting its final line up of dependable players who can finally replace the greats like Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman and Tendulkar. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know the way I finished up here, but I believed this post used to be good. I do not recognise who you are but certainly you are going to a well-known blogger in case you aren't already.

Cheers!

My webpage ... prodog

drkaustubhjoshi said...

Thanks for the appreciating words. Keep visiting!