Friday, July 12, 2013

Bhag Milkha Bhag

I am pretty sure most of movie  buffs are waiting for today for the release of movie, "Bhag Milkha Bhag". There are many reasons for that. But I will talk about why I am waiting for this movie. The list of reasons could be a bit long.
To begin with, I am a fan of real life stories. I have searched wikipedia many a times for the list of movies based on real life incidents and then search them online or any where I can get it and watch it. Here is a list for you:



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_actual_events

Then, I am a big fan of sports based movies. Following the same formula as mentioned earlier I found out most of the sports based movies and watched them. May then it be Miracle, Invincible, Remember the titans, We are Marshall, Gridiron Gang, The Blind side, Profantine and many others like that. I am watching Cinderella Man just now while writing this post.  Here is a list if you are interested


 Third thing is the central character of the movie. Milkha Singh is one name which every Indian knows very well. Although not many actually knows what good he performed to  make it such a big name. I am curious to know all the history. Given the fact that Milkha Singh has appreciated this movie and complemented Farhan Akhtar is a receipt that the movie goes very close to the history and not very away from real incidents.
I like Farhan Akhtar over all. He is a good actor, singer, director and what ever else he might be doing. After Aamir Khan, I find Farhan Akhtar as one person who really put his heart in the work and try to give justice to the role he is playing. Just look at his built for the movie. He has really taken great efforts to get in the role of Milkha Singh. I am sure he will give justice to the role.
In India, real life and that too sports based movie is a rare thing. I can only remember only 4 movies on sports in recent future. Iqbal, Lagaan, Chak de and now Bhag Milkha Bhag.  There was one movie called Ashwini based on Ashwini Nachhappa but I could never find it to watch. (Remind me if you remember any other). I guess Chak de was little inspired by a hockey coach but other wise most of these movies probably are product of imagination. But, this time we will watch a movie we can actually relate to.
 I hope this movie succeeds in reaching as many people  as possible and it rejuvenate the spirit of athletic games in the young generation. So, do watch the movie, get inspired and let me know your views about the movie.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOC .. there was Paan Singh Tomar ... acted by Irrfan Khan .. worth a watch just in case you gave it a miss !! You are so very right .. Farhan Akhtar is just next to Mr Perfect ! very talented and trust me this post makes me a little sad as I have been planning to watch this first day first show... since last 4 months and what a pity .. I somehow do not have those extra bucks to buy the ticket :(
Salaries fall short ... Vegetables and grains rates are as good as Gold prices :(
Anyways , i should be able to watch it once some money chips in :) I am a optimistic guy you see :)
Milkha Singh's approval says it all as you said -Farhan may have surely justified the movie as always !
Thanks for sharing the names of those hollywood movies on sports .. I would love to watch them!

drkaustubhjoshi said...

Thanks for reminding about Pan Singh Tomar. I have seen it. It just moved out of my mind.
That's true, watching movie is a big thing for normal Indian person. Even I am contemplating how to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this and Farhan Akhtar's acting is always a delight to watch..

drkaustubhjoshi said...

same here.

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

Did you catch the movie? I loved it!

www.volatilespirits.com