Monday, June 16, 2014

Football Fever on rise

It seems Football fever has started claiming its victim. I am one of them. I am trying to follow the proceedings as closely as possible. Unfortunately, the timing of the matches is a problem. All the matches is in the night. Fortunately, the first match begins at 9.30 p.m. I have sincerely trying to watch that match at least, although, it can only happen after lots of convincing for others to give up their regular shows. Worst part is none of the big names have played as yet in this slot. All I could see is Columbia Vs Greece and yesterday's match between Switzerland Vs Ecuador. All the goals I have witnessed are through corners converted to goal through heading. I am yet to see a field goal.
I wanted to watch Spain Vs Netherlands match because their last big encounter was the finals of 2010 world cup final when Spain crushed the latter. Netherlands performance was amazing and has really questioned the quality of present Spanish team. Will they be able to rise up after such a humiliating defeat?
Today is one hell of a match. Luckily it starts at 9.30 pm.So, I should surely be able to watch it right from start to end. Overall the German team is fantastic and I will be supporting them. Portugal's team revolves around Ronaldo and it will be interesting to see how he performs. Among three most famous names, Nyemar and Messi have performed as expected in their respective matches, so, it is Ronaldo's turn to prove his mettle.
So, all Football aficionados, mark your diary for tonight's encounter between Portugal and Germany at 9.30 pm IST . I just hope it doesn't turn boring with no goals scored by either team.

No comments: