Tuesday, December 20, 2022

First time in Akasa Airlines

 

photo courtesy : https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/rakesh-jhunjhunwala-s-akasa-air-reveals-symbol-tagline-11640167937516.html


I recently had a chance to use Akasa airlines for the first time to travel from Bangalore to Mumbai.

It was the only airline travelling in my optimum time at my optimum price range. I came with no expectations. But I had some first time experiences right from web checkin  itself.

I normally do web check by going at the airline site itself.

So, when I tried to do the same with Akasa airline's site. I face lots of difficulties. Place holder for putting your name was acting strange. Wasn't allowing me to put anything in it for a long time. Then the page froze for a long time. Normally a web check in activity is hardly a minute or two long. But here I ended up spending quite a long time performing this act.  Finally I gave up and then tried to do it using MMT through which I had booked the flight and had a link available to do the web check in.

Finally I managed to get through web check in. There were few other glitches, but am not sure if Akasa airlines site is connected to those.

Normally I dont have any check in luggage, so all I do once I reach airport is, get a boarding pass printed from Kiosk and move to security. But Akasa airlines is not included in any of the Kiosk machines (atleast on the Bangalore airport).

But it hits you once you reach the boarding gate. Akasa is given the most cornered one gates. Forget any eateries around, I struggled to find a charging point near my gate. My gate was no.27, which was desolated. I moved to gate 26, where I could find a charging point and also some people around.

Needless to say from Gate 27 in Bengalore airport, you have to take  the bus to reach the plane. I am not sure, but I guess Akasa doesnt have their own buses on this airport. One which we used seemed more like a common bus service of the airport. Needless to say, it was a very normal bus, probably the KIA airport bus service running in Bangalore are little better than the one we used.

But the complaints if any stops here. After this the service was all good. The flight was good. Service was good. The attendants all look professionals and ready to help. In fact the food service was also very prompt.  The flight even started on exact time and reached Mumbai almost 20 mins earlier. We got an aerobridge to get down. So, some time saving.

All in all, a good experience.   I guess Akasa will start doing well in coming days. Few of lacunae we see right now probably would be take care in coming days.

I wish all the best to Akasa airlines for better service to customers in future.


No comments: